Anjali Pathak's roast peaches and honey recipe
by Anjali Pathak | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
Anjali Pathak gives her roast peaches an Indian twist with crushed cardamom pods and a good sprinkling of cinnamon. Why not try this recipe with plums or figs instead?
At a glance
- Cuisine Indian
- Recipe Type Dessert
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 15 mins
- Cooking time 10 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 4 peaches
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- 4 green cardamom pod, seeds removed and crushed
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp pecans (or mixed nuts), roughly chopped (optional)
- 4 tbsp thick plain yoghurt or cream
- 0.5 lemon, zest only
- 1 pinch sugar, to taste
- 2 gingernut biscuits, roughly broken up into small pieces
- 1 handful mint, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Lay the peaches cut side up on a baking tray. Drizzle the honey over them.
- Sprinkle over the cinnamon powder and crushed green cardamom seeds. Top with some raisins and pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the peaches have started to soften but still hold their shape.
- In the meantime make the lemon yoghurt/cream. Mix together the lemon zest with the yoghurt or cream. Taste and add a good pinch of sugar.
- Serve the peaches sprinkled with gingernuts, garnished with mint and a good dollop of lemon yoghurt/cream.
On Saturday March 10 Anjali Pathak will be one of thousands hosting a Smooth Radio Starlight Supper dinner party at home to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Why not join Anjali and Register for your Starlight Supper dinner party pack now?
Also worth your attention:
More Anjali Pathak recipes
More fruity recipes