Spiced pork burgers recipe
by Sophie Michell | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
I wanted to try something slightly different here. Pork mince is a great alternative for burgers and peaches are so versatile. This dish shines with Cajun flavours and brings out the succulent taste of pork. The peach and chilli salsa is much better than fat laden sauces too.
At a glance
- Cuisine British
- Recipe Type Main
- Difficulty Medium
- Preparation time 20 mins
- Cooking time 40 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 600 g (21.2oz) Minced pork
- 1 Heaped teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 Heaped teaspoon of ground coriander, chopped
- 0.5 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 Clove of garlic, finely crushed
- 4 pinches Sea salt and pepper
- 4 Portions of green salad
- 4 Sweet potatoes (medium)
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Sprinkling of dried chilli flakes
- 2 Peaches (helps salsa if they are ripe)
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Red chilli
- 1 Small handful of fresh corainder
- 1 Lime, juice and zest
- 1 Inch piece of ginger
- 1 Splash of olive oil
- Firstly mix the spices together and add the garlic and meat, mix well and add a good amount of seasoning, about a teaspoon of sea salt (optional) and a good few turns of freshly ground pepper.
- Make the mix into four large patties or eight small patties, then cover and pop back into the fridge.
- Then get the potatoes ready, preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F or Gas 6 and peel and cut into wedges.
- Lay them onto a baking tray and sprinkle with the olive oil, chilli flakes and garlic.
- Roast for around 30 minutes or until golden and cooked. While they are cooking make the salsa. De-stone and cut the peaches into small dice, about 1 cm sized pieces.
- Finely chop the red onion and chilli then mix well together. Zest half the lime and add along with all the juice. Finally, grate in the ginger, add the olive oil and coriander then season.
- Next, heat up a frying or griddle pan, and during the last 20 minutes of cooking the potatoes, cook the burgers, just make sure they are cooked throughout, this should take about 8-10 minutes each side.
- Serve the burgers with a big scoop of salsa and the wedges.
Also worth your attention:
More recipes by Sophie Michell
Recipe courtesy of lovepork.co.uk