Peach, prosciutto and mozzarella salad
by Lucas Hollweg | 2 comments | Print recipeTweet
When this is made with milky fresh mozzarella and chin-dribblingly ripe peaches, it’s hard to imagine a more blissful – and blissfully simple – summer starter or light lunch. For the ham, you could use any air-dried ham: prosciutto, Parma, Serrano or one of the good British equivalents, such as Denhay.
At a glance
- Cuisine British
- Recipe Type Starter
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 15 mins
- Cooking time 0 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 4 Ripe peaches
- 8 Slices of prosciutto or other air-dried ham
- 375 g (13.2oz) Buffalo mozzarella
- 1 Good pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 handful Mint leaves
- 1 Good splash of extra virgin olive oil per serving
- Slice the peaches, removing the stones, and arrange them on a plate. Drape the ham nonchalantly among the slices, then tear up the mozzarella and tuck it in.
- Season, scatter over the mint and splash with olive oil.
Also worth your attention:
More recipes from Lucas Hollweg
The book - Good Things To Eat
Publisher - HarperCollins