Win a cupcake cookery book - signed by Eric Lanlard!
by Rachel Wait | 05 July 2011 | 0 commentsTweet
Enter our exclusive competition to win a Cox Cookies & Cake cookery book, signed by Eric Lanlard!
Cupcakes have grown up. They’re no longer the sweet, innocent cakes baked for kids’ birthday parties. Master pâtissier Eric Lanlard and designer Patrick Cox have given cupcakes a makeover and made them sexy, seductive and great fun!
And now, lovefood.com readers have the opportunity to bake these heavenly cakes themselves. That’s because we’ve got ten copies of the newly-launched Cox Cookies & Cake cookery book, by Eric Lanlard and Patrick Cox, to give away.
The book includes a foreword by Sir Elton John and David Furnish and is signed by Eric Lanlard himself!
Full of surprises
The book is set to be a hit following the popularity of the Cox Cookies & Cake shop in Soho, London, which opened its doors in September 2010. The book brings a little of the bakery’s naughtiness and a slice of Soho right into your own home.
It includes more than 75 recipes for cupcakes, as well as cookies, biscuits and bars, and there are bound to be a few surprises in store. From chocolate honeycomb and lemon meringue pie cupcakes to iconic skull cakes and Mexican chocolate cakes with chilli-flavoured frosting, there’s something for everyone - however adventurous you are.
The man himself
Eric Lanlard trained in France and moved to London to run the pâtisserie business for Albert and Michel Roux, where he stayed for five years. He has since launched his own business and now creates cakes for his private clients, his cake emporium Cake Boy, and Cox Cookies & Cake.
Lanlard is also an experienced TV presenter and you can see the Master pâtissier at work on his latest show; Baking Mad with Eric Lanlard, currently airing on More4 every Sunday at 4.05pm.
Enter the competition
To be in with a chance to win one of these fantastic books, simply tell us which lovefood.com recipe you’d most like to bake for Eric Lanlard if you had a chance, and why!
Please post your answer in the comments box below, and remember only entries that mention a lovefood.com recipe will be valid.
Terms & Conditions
This free prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 16 or over who are registered users of lovefood.com. To register, visit https://www.lovefood.com/login/register
1. All entries must be submitted below by Thursday, 14 July 2011 to be valid entries into the draw.
2. Third party registrations will not be accepted.
3. The draw will be made by Thursday, 21 July 2011.
4. There are ten prizes of a Cox Cookies & Cake cookery book to be won.
5. The winner will be drawn at random from all valid entries received and will be notified by email.
6. No alternative prize is available and the prize is not transferable.
7. lovefood.com reserves the right to publish the user name of competition winners.
8. By entering the free prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and by other requirements set out in promotional material.
9. The promoter (lovefood.com) reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the prize draw or cancel at any time in the light of fraudulent activity.
10. This competition is only open to residents of mainland UK as delivery of the competition prize will only be to an address in mainland UK and will not include the highlands and islands.
Also worth your attention:
Recipe from Cox Cookies & Cake published by Mitchell Beazley
More recipes from Eric Lanlard