Bruschetta with tomatoes, mozzarella and olives recipe
by Gennaro Contaldo | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
I usually serve bruschetta as a starter before the meat is cooked, and no sooner is a plate of it put in the centre of the table than it magically disappears and I get requests for more.
It is ideal for large groups of people at parties; it looks lovely on a big platter and taste delicious.
At a glance
- Cuisine Italian
- Recipe Type Main
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 5 mins
- Cooking time 5 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 4 slices of good country bread
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 ball of buffalo mozzarella, roughly torn
- 12 pitted black olives
- 1 pinch of dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Grill the bread, then immediately rub the garlic over one side and drizzle with half the extra virgin olive oil.
- Combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, oregano and salt in a bowl. Divide between the grilled bread, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and top with basil leaves. Serve.
Recipe taken from Let's cook Italian, by Gennaro Contaldo.
You might also like