Scallops with prosciutto and balsamic glaze recipe
by Catherine Fulvio | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
Every time you make this dish you will hear 'wow' around the table, followed by silence. And that, my fellow cooks, is the sound of everyone enjoying this dish.
At a glance
- Cuisine Italian
- Recipe Type Starter
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 10 mins
- Cooking time 5 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 200 ml (7fl oz) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 16 large scallops
- 16 small rosemary sprigs
- 1 splash extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over a moderate heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the mixture has reduced by one-third. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, slice each piece of prosciutto in half lengthwise and wrap around the scallops, securing each with a sprig of rosemary. Brush with olive oil and season.
- Cook the scallops in a griddle pan over a medium heat, turning once, until they are firm to the touch and opaque in the centre. Transfer to a serving plate and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
Recipe taken from Eat like an Italian, by Catherine Fulvio.
You might also like