Chicken with prosecco and shallots recipe
by Catherine Fulvio | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
Ah, prosecco and chicken - where do I begin with this wonderful combination? And there's just enough prosecco left in the bottle for the chef...
For a sweeter version of this sauce, I have often substituted the pancetta for fresh peaches.
At a glance
- Cuisine Italian
- Recipe Type Main
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 10 mins
- Cooking time 30 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp flour, lightly seasoned with salt, freshly ground black pepper and 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1.4 kg (3.1lbs) chicken, portioned and trimmed
- 150 g (5.3oz) pancetta, diced
- 12 small shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 500 ml (17.6fl oz) Prosecco or any dry sparkling wine
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup warm red pepper and bean salad, to serve
- 1 cup rosemary sprigs, to garnish
- Heat a large casserole pan with the olive oil over a medium heat. Put the seasoned flour and chicken portions into a clear plastic bag and toss until the chicken is well coated. Remove the chicken portions and brown them in batches by placing them skin side down into the pan. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the pancetta to the pan and cook until crisp. Lower the heat and add the shallots, chilli and rosemary and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, pour over the Prosecco and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes, until a fragrant syrupy sauce begins to form. Season to taste.
- Check that the chicken is cooked by inserting a skewer into the thickest part of the thigh - the juices should run clear. Serve with a warm red pepper and bean salad and garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Recipe taken from Eat like an Italian, by Catherine Fulvio.
You might also like