Green slime eyeball pasta with fiery hell sauce recipe
by Rob Cottam | 1 comment | Print recipeTweet
Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn, and cauldron bubble... make your Halloween super spooky with some nourishing eyeball (or mozzarella ball) pasta.
At a glance
- Cuisine English
- Recipe Type Main
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 10 mins
- Cooking time 15 mins
- Serves 2 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped chilli
- 400 g (14.1oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 100 g (3.5oz) (about 20) mini mozzarella balls, drained
- 4 basil leaves
- 200 g (7.1oz) fresh green tagliatelle
- 0.5 jar pesto
- Start by making the tomato sauce. Fry the garlic and chilli for 30 seconds in the olive oil. Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until thickened.
- Meanwhile, halve the cherry tomatoes and use a small, sharp knife to remove the seeds. Stuff each half with a mozzarella ball. Cut the smallest circles you can from the basil leaves and place one at the centre of each mozzarella ball.
- Boil the pasta according to packet instructions. Once done, drain then stir through the pesto and divide between 2 shallow bowls. Spoon over some tomato sauce, then arrange the stuffed tomato eyeballs on top.
Recipe provided by the Very Lazy company.
You might also like