Sweet chilli chicken with garlic, lemon and coriander recipe
by Shaun Rankin | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
This is such a simple starter that is great for serving up at dinner parties. It’s not labour intensive but will still impress your guests with its fabulous flavours.
At a glance
- Cuisine Thai
- Recipe Type Main
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 15 mins
- Cooking time 10 mins
- Serves 2 people
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp peeled and grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 lemon, grated zest only
- 1 lime, grated zest only
- 1 pinch sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 6 pak choi leaves
- 50 g (1.8oz) baby herb salad
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips and place in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, ginger, sweet chilli sauce, garlic, lemon and lime zest. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper and finally add the chopped coriander. Mix well and leave in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a wok over a high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces by hand. Don’t stir them around the wok at this stage as they need to caramelise straight away.
- Once the pieces are golden brown on one side, turn the strips and cook on the reverse until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the pak choi leaves just before you are ready to serve and stir in well.
- Remove from the heat and divide between 2 plates. Garnish with a baby herb salad and spoon over the pan juices.
You might also like