Minestrone soup with chicken recipe
by Annabel Karmel | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
An ideal soup for children, given it's single nourishing ingredients. Why not get the kids to help you make it?
At a glance
- Cuisine English
- Recipe Type Soup
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 10 mins
- Cooking time 20 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 50 g (1.8oz) celery, diced
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 600 ml (21.1fl oz) chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 50 g (1.8oz) savoy cabbage, finely chopped
- 40 g (1.4oz) cooked chicken, finely diced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped, or half tsp dried thyme (optional)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan (optional)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, carrot, celery and potato, and then fry for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the flour, and then blend in the tomatoes and stock.
- Add the tomato paste, sugar, thyme (optional) and cabbage. Bring up to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Serve with parmesan cheese if you like, or some fresh bread.
Recipe provided by Aldi, where all the ingredients can be purchased.
You might also like