Apple frog with butterscotch sauce recipe
by Annabel Karmel | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
A fun way to serve apples and children can help you decorate the frog. Dip the apple slices into the delicious butterscotch sauce. The perfect pudding for kids, made by kids.
At a glance
- Cuisine English
- Recipe Type Snack
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 10 mins
- Cooking time 5 mins
- Serves 2 people
- 2 small green apples
- 1 small red apple
- 2 yellow liquorice allsorts
- 20 g (0.7oz) butter
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 100 ml (3.5fl oz) double cream
- Cut a thin slice off the green apple at an angle so that the apple can sit firmly on the plate to make a face shape (reserve the slice).
- Hollow out a mouth shape from the green apple. Cut out a mouth from the red apple and fit into the gap in the green apple.
- Use cocktail sticks to attach the liquorice allsorts to the apple to make the eyes.
- Slice the reserved slices cut from the green apples into pointed slices to make a collar around the face. Alternatively cut slices from small red apples.
- To make the butterscotch sauce, melt the butter, sugar and cream in a small pan. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, and then boil for one minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Dip the apple slices into the butterscotch sauce... and enjoy!
Recipe provided by Aldi, where all the ingredients can be purchased.
You might also like