Creamy pennette with walnuts recipe
by Catherine Fulvio | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
This is very quick and so easy - it's a no-cook sauce. I love its simple flavours, but it can be dressed up a little more by adding some lovely smoked chicken.
At a glance
- Cuisine Italian
- Recipe Type Main
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 0 mins
- Cooking time 10 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 350 g (12.3oz) pennette
- 100 g (3.5oz) soft goats cheese
- 5 tbsp mascarpone
- 120 g (4.2oz) walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 50 g (1.8oz) rocket, washed and trimmed
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain, but retain some of the cooking liquid and return the pennette to the saucepan.
- Add the soft goats cheese and mascarpone to the pasta and stir, adding a little of the reserved liquid as required.
- Sprinkle over the walnuts and grate a little nutmeg over the top. Add the rocket and Parmesan and carefully mix. Season to taste and serve immediately.
Recipe taken from Eat like an Italian, by Catherine Fulvio.
You might also like