Chocolate bramble cocktail recipe
by Paul A Young | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
A chocolatey cocktail, made from dark chocolate, gin, lemon, blackberries and Crème de Mûres.
At a glance
- Cuisine English
- Recipe Type Drink
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 5 mins
- Cooking time 0 mins
- Serves 2 people
- 0.5 lemon, juice only
- 100 ml (3.5fl oz) gin
- 25 ml (0.9fl oz) Cre`me de Mu^res (blackberry liqueur)
- 8 blackberries
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 2 squares of your favourite dark chocolate
- 300 g (10.6oz) unrefined golden caster sugar
- 150 g (5.3oz) 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- First, make the chocolate liquor. Put 150ml water in a saucepan along with the sugar and bring to a simmer. Allow to rest for 2 minutes, then pour over the chocolate pieces in a bowl. Whisk well and leave to cool thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, place 2 martini glasses in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to get the frosted effect.
- In a cocktail shaker or jug, place the lemon juice, gin, Cre`me de Mu^res and 6 of the blackberries. Muddle and mix well until the blackberries burst slightly.
- Place a pyramid of crushed ice into each glass and pour over the blackberry mixture. Now top up each glass with the chocolate liquor, then place a blackberry and a piece of dark chocolate on top of each ice pyramid.
Recipe taken from Adventures with Chocolate by Paul A Young, published by Kyle Books.
You might also like