Honey-cured bacon, Stilton and chocolate sandwich recipe
by Paul A Young | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
My favourite brunch sandwich is a combination of honey-cured bacon, rich dark chocolate and ripe tangy Stilton. Mouth-watering and satisfying.
At a glance
- Cuisine English
- Recipe Type Breakfast
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 5 mins
- Cooking time 5 mins
- Serves 2 people
- 4 thick slices of hand-cut, crusty white bread
- 1 cup soft salted butter, for spreading
- 50 g (1.8oz) Venezuelan 72% dark chocolate
- 6 rashers honey-cured bacon
- 75 g (2.6oz) very ripe Stilton
- Preheat the grill until very hot. Lightly toast the bread on both sides, then spread with butter. Grate the chocolate on top and return to the grill briefly to melt.
- Remove and immediately put the bacon under the grill until the edges are crisp and caramelised. Place on top of the chocolate and finish with a generous crumbling of Stilton.
- Lay the remaining buttered slice on top and press firmly. Cut diagonally and enjoy.
Recipe taken from Adventures with Chocolate by Paul A Young, published by Kyle Books.
You might also like