Tenderstem broccoli with ricotta, lemon and shaved parmesan recipe
by Diana Henry | 1 comment | Print recipeTweet
One of the great things about Tenderstem broccoli is that it’s easy to dress up. Steam or boil it and you have the makings of a chic salad or starter, and one that’s healthy too. It's an elegant vegetable.
Tenderstem has a delicate, slightly sweet flavour so it's great with muted ingredients such as ricotta and positively sings when dressed with a good fruity extra virgin olive oil.
At a glance
- Cuisine English
- Recipe Type Salad
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 5 mins
- Cooking time 5 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 300 g (10.6oz) Tenderstem broccoli
- 175 g (6.2oz) fresh ricotta
- 0.5 lemon, zest only, removed with a zester rather than grated
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g (1.8oz) Parmesan
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steam the Tenderstem for 3-4 minutes until just tender.
- While the Tenderstem is cooking gently break the ricotta into lumps and shave the parmesan into nice curls.
- Put the hot Tenderstem onto plates and dot ricotta over the top. Sprinkle on the zest and spoon on some lemon juice. Scatter the parmesan over each serving. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with salt, grind on some black pepper and serve.
Recipe provided by Tenderstem.
You might also like