Tenderstem broccoli with shallot vinaigrette and croutons recipe
by Valentine Warner | 1 comment | Print recipeTweet
“A salad need never be boring!” says chef Valentine Warner, who combines Tenderstem broccoli with a shallot vinaigrette here.
At a glance
- Cuisine English
- Recipe Type Starter
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 5 mins
- Cooking time 10 mins
- Serves 2 people
- 2 banana shallots
- 175 g (6.2oz) Tenderstem broccoli
- 40 g (1.4oz) soft white sourdough crusts, cut up into croutons
- 1 good splash more olive oil to fry in
- 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 brown salted anchovies from oil very finely chopped and mashed with a knife
- 2 tsp white or red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small handful broken walnuts
- 6 small radishes, sliced lengthways
- 10 fresh chives snapped in half
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon
- Peel, halve and finely slice the shallots. Cook the shallots in a good splash of olive oil and sauté very gently for 8 minutes until totally softened but not coloured. Season with salt to taste.
- After 5 minutes of cooking the shallots, drop the Tenderstem broccoli in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- While the shallots and broccoli cook fry the croutons in some olive oil until golden brown, 4 minutes or so.
- Combine the sugar, mustard, anchovies and vinegar, in a cup or small bowl and then beat in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified and creamy, toss the cooked shallots and broccoli in a serving bowl with the radishes.
- Strip the tarragon from the stalks and scatter it on top of the salad followed by the walnut pieces, chives and croutons. Eat warm.
Recipe provided by Tenderstem.
You might also like