Green olives, sesame seeds, lemon juice and mint recipe
by Omar Allibhoy | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
A fresh mix of green olives, olive oil (try and get Spanish), sesame seeds, lemon and sprigs of mint.
At a glance
- Cuisine Spanish
- Recipe Type Side
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 10 mins
- Cooking time 0 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 1 jar or tin of green Spanish olives
- 100 ml (3.5fl oz) mild olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 lemon
- 3 sprigs of mint
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- Drain the olives from the brine and place them in a bowl with the olive oil. In a small pan, toast the sesame seeds over a high heat for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the hot seeds to the bowl. Rub the herbs between your hands and add them to the bowl. Dress with the juice of the lemon (you can even use the zest - the most aromatic part).
- Leave to stand for 20 minutes then enjoy the freshly marinated olives or keep in the fridge in a tightly sealed container for up to two weeks.
Recipe provided by Olives from Spain.
You might also like