Olives with Manchego cheese and rosemary recipe
by Omar Allibhoy | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
A decadent way to serve olives, with chunks of Manchego cheese, peppercorns, bay leaves, rosemary and garlic.
At a glance
- Cuisine Spanish
- Recipe Type Side
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 10 mins
- Cooking time 0 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 1 jar or tin of `turning colour' or black Spanish olives
- 100 ml (3.5fl oz) mild olive oil
- 50 g (1.8oz) Manchego cheese
- 5 black peppercorns
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves
- Drain the olives from the brine and place them in a bowl with the chopped Manchego cheese. With the back of a knife, crush the garlic cloves and black peppercorns, before mixing them with the olives and the olive oil.
- Rub the herbs between your hands, before adding them to the bowl. Give all ingredients a good stir so the flavours develop inside the oil.
- Leave to stand for 20 minutes then enjoy the freshly marinated olives or keep in the fridge for up to a month in a tightly sealed container. For a change, try this recipe with roasted instead of fresh garlic.
Recipe provided by Olives from Spain.
You might also like