Olives marinated in pomegranate and sage recipe
by Omar Allibhoy | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
A new way to serve olives - marinated in pomegranate juice and harissa paste, then finished with fresh sage.
At a glance
- Cuisine Spanish
- Recipe Type Side
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 5 mins
- Cooking time 0 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 1 jar or tin of green Spanish olives
- 100 ml (3.5fl oz) mild olive oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh sage
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 0.25 of a whole pomegranate
- Drain the Spanish olives from the brine and place them in a bowl. Cut a quarter of the pomegranate and, over a bowl, squeeze it so all the seeds are released along with some juice.
- Mix the pomegranate juice and seeds with the harissa paste and sage leaves, before mixing in the olives.
- Leave to stand for 20 minutes then enjoy the freshly marinated olives, or keep in the fridge for up to a month in a tightly sealed container.
Recipe provided by Olives from Spain.
You might also like