Olives marinated in oregano and chillies recipe
by Omar Allibhoy | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
A fiery way to serve Spanish olives, with cayenne peppers and sprigs of fresh oregano.
At a glance
- Cuisine Spanish
- Recipe Type Side
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 10 mins
- Cooking time 0 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 1 jar or tin of green Spanish olives
- 100 ml (3.5fl oz) mild olive oil
- 6 sprigs of fresh oregano
- 6 dried cayenne peppers
- Drain the Spanish olives from the brine and place them in a bowl. Between your hands, rub the sprigs of oregano so they release their natural aromas, before sprinkling the sprigs over the olives in the bowl with the crushed chillies.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and then turn everything together to mix. Leave to stand for 20 minutes then enjoy the freshly marinated olives, or keep in the fridge for up to a month in a tightly sealed container.
Recipe provided by Olives from Spain.
You might also like