Best ever hot chocolate recipe
by Ravinder Bhogal | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
Try Ravinder's hot chocolate when you’re looking for something sumptuous, and for a cheeky nightcap add 25ml of your favourite liqueur such as Cointreau or Amaretto.
At a glance
- Cuisine English
- Recipe Type Drink
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 5 mins
- Cooking time 5 mins
- Serves 1 person
- 25 g (0.9oz) very good dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp instant hot chocolate
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 100 ml (3.5fl oz) whole milk
- 20 ml (0.7fl oz) double cream
- 1 marshmallow
- 0.5 vanilla pod, split
- 0.5 orange, zest only
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, cream, sugar, vanilla pod, cocoa, salt and orange zest. Simmer over a low heat making sure it doesn't boil.
- Place the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and melt. Strain the milk over it. Discard the solids except for the vanilla pod, which I dry and stick in some sugar to make vanilla sugar.
- Mix well and carry on heating until it is hot. Whisk it up so it goes very frothy, and then pour into cups and top with a large marshmallow.
- For a cheeky nightcap add 25ml of your favourite liquer such as Cointreau or Amaretti.
Recipe provided by Cafédirect. For more recipes, visit their website.
You might also like