Potato and onion curry recipe
by Vinod Patel | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
A vegetarian curry, made simply with good-quality onions, cubed potatoes, mustard seeds, a little turmeric, and plenty of chilli.
At a glance
- Cuisine Indian
- Recipe Type Main
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 5 mins
- Cooking time 45 mins
- Serves 5 people
- 4 medium potatoes, diced into small to medium cubes
- 2 medium onions diced into medium cubes
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 0.5 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt, add more to taste
- 1 tbsp heaped coriander powder
- Heat the oil in a wok or deep pan, then add the mustard seeds, cooking until warm.
- Add the potatoes and onions, then cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, red chili powder, salt, and coriander powder then cook for 5 - 10 minutes on a low to medium heat with the lid on.
- Remove the lid and stir, then put the lid back on and repeat the process for up to 30 minutes or till potatoes are cooked through.
Recipe provided by British Onions.
You might also like