Raspberry and violet jam recipe
by Diana Henry | 2 comments | Print recipeTweet
Turning raspberries into jam intensifies their flavour and, as they have a whiff of the flower, violet is a perfect addition.
Once opened, keep this in the refrigerator. Fills 10 x 225g jars.
At a glance
- Cuisine English
- Recipe Type Condiment
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 10 mins
- Cooking time 30 mins
- Serves 10 people
- 1.5 kg (3.3lbs) raspberries
- 1 kg (2.2lbs) granulated sugar with pectin
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 75 ml (2.6fl oz) violet syrup or violet liqueur
- Put the raspberries into a preserving pan with the sugar and lemon juice. Gently heat, stirring to help the sugar dissolve. Once it has dissolved, whack the heat up and bring to a boil. Boil steadily until the setting point is reached, skimming off any scum.
- Stir in the violet syrup. Cool for 12 minutes so the seeds distribute evenly. Pot in warm, dry sterilized jars, cover with waxed paper discs and seal. This keeps for a year; refrigerate once opened.
Recipe taken from Salt Sugar Smoke by Diana Henry, published by Mitchell Beazley.
You might also like