Stilton, asparagus and cherry tomato tagliatelle recipe
by Sue Ashworth | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
This easy recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or supper dish.
If you like, add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh red chilli with the garlic for a spicy hit.
At a glance
- Cuisine English
- Recipe Type Main
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 15 mins
- Cooking time 20 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 350 g (12.3oz) tagliatelle or linguine
- 150 g (5.3oz) asparagus, cut into short lengths
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25 g (0.9oz) dried breadcrumbs
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 100 g (3.5oz) half fat crème fraiche
- 100 g (3.5oz) Stilton cheese, broken into small chunks
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup basil leaves, to garnish
- Cook the tagliatelle or linguine in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes, or according to pack instructions, adding the asparagus for the final 2-3 minutes.
- At the same time, heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the spring onions and garlic. Cook over a low heat, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes. Add the breadcrumbs and stir over the heat for about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- When the pasta and asparagus is cooked, drain it well, then return it to the saucepan and add the cherry tomatoes, lemon zest, crème fraiche and Stilton. Heat gently for 2-3 minutes, then share between 4 plates and sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture on top. Serve, seasoned with black pepper and garnished with basil.
Recipe provided by The British Cheese Board.
You might also like