Char-grilled pork with Wensleydale and apricots recipe
by Sue Ashworth | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
Succulent pork steaks are topped with melting Wensleydale cheese with apricots.
Another time, use Wensleydale with cranberries instead of apricots.
At a glance
- Cuisine English
- Recipe Type Main
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 5 mins
- Cooking time 10 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 4 lean pork steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g (3.5oz) Wensleydale with apricots, cut into four slices
- 1 cup fresh vegetables or mixed leaf salad, to serve
- Put the pork steaks into a shallow dish (not a metal one) and add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and herbs. Season with black pepper. Turn to coat, then cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or the grill. Char-grill or grill the steaks for 4-5 minutes per side, depending on their thickness. Season.
- Lift the pork steaks onto warm plates and place a slice of Wensleydale with apricots on top, leaving it for 1-2 minutes to melt while the meat rests. Serve with vegetables or salad.
Recipe provided by The British Cheese Board.
You might also like