Baked blueberry cheesecake recipe
by Dean Edwards | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
A pretty blueberry cheesecake, made simply with sour cream, cream cheese, and a gingernut biscuit base.
At a glance
- Cuisine English
- Recipe Type Dessert
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 20 mins
- Cooking time 40 mins
- Serves 8 people
- 230 g (8.1oz) gingernut biscuits
- 80 g (2.8oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 400 g (14.1oz) cream cheese
- 100 g (3.5oz) sour cream
- 80 g (2.8oz) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 medium eggs
- 200 g (7.1oz) blueberries
- Using a food processor, blitz down the biscuits to fine crumb, add to a bowl and mix in the melted butter. Place the mixture into a buttered 24cm loose bottomed spring form cake tin, compress down and chill in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs into a bowl, then use a whisk to fully combine the ingredients. Fold in the blueberries, then pour this mixture into the cake tin
- Bake in a preheated oven set at 180c/160c fan for around 35-40 mins, the centre should have a slight wobble.
- Leave to stand for 10 mins before carefully removing from the tin and transferring to a serving plate, chill in the fridge.
To find out more about Dean, catch him on Twitter @deanedwardschef or visit his website.
You might also like