Eric Lanlard's banana muffins recipe
by Eric Lanlard | 0 comments | Print recipeTweet
Dark rum, vanilla paste, cinnamon and roast bananas are a match made in heaven when baked in a muffin.
At a glance
- Cuisine English
- Recipe Type Dessert
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 10 mins
- Cooking time 45 mins
- Serves 24 people
- 4 ripe bananas
- 100 g (3.5oz) soft dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp dark rum
- 170 g (6oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 150 ml (5.3fl oz) milk
- 500 g (17.6oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250 g (8.8oz) golden caster sugar
- 1 handful dried banana chips
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- Roast the bananas. Peel them, then place on a large sheet of foil on a baking tray. Sprinkle them with the dark sugar, vanilla paste, cinnamon and rum. Wrap in a loose but secure parcel, and cook in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, melted butter and milk in a bowl and leave to one side.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and caster sugar into a bowl and add the roasted bananas. Using a mixer, combine all the ingredients together. Slowly add the egg, milk and butter mixture into the mixer.
- Using a piping bag, fill the paper cups _ high with the mixture. Top each one with some banana chips and a sprinkle of golden caster sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Once cooked, finish with a dusting of icing sugar.
More Eric Lanlard recipes
You might also like: