Pistachio and almond nut butter recipe
by Niamh Shields | 3 comments | Print recipeTweet
This nut butter is a doddle to make. You can put it on toast in the morning, or use in dishes like satay. I use pre-blanched almonds and pre-roasted pistachios in this recipe – roasting and peeling both is really arduous, and really doesn’t yield significantly better results once you source good nuts to begin with. Read more about it here.
At a glance
- Cuisine British
- Recipe Type Condiment
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 20 mins
- Cooking time 0 mins
- Serves 10 people
- 100 g (3.5oz) Pistachios, roasted and shelled
- 100 g (3.5oz) Almonds, blanched
- 3 tbsp Groundnut oil
- Grind the nuts without the oil in a food processor for five minutes or until the nuts form a smooth paste.
- Add the oil to taste, I like mine to be quite spreadable so add three tablespoons - you might want to play with yours to get it as you like it.
- Sterilise the jar and lid by boiling for fifteen minutes. Pour the butter into the jar and keep refrigerated.
More nutty recipes