Ladakhi chicken curry recipe
by Christine Manfield | 5 comments | Print recipeTweet
A typical Ladakhi preparation, this simple yet fragrant chicken curry is a recipe of Yeshi and Paul, the chefs at the Stok house in Ladakh.
At a glance
- Cuisine Indian
- Recipe Type Main
- Difficulty Medium
- Preparation time 5 mins
- Cooking time 45 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 2 Red onions, roughly chopped
- 8 Cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Roughly chopped ginger
- 2 Green chillies, roughly chopped
- 3 Ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 800 g (28.2oz) Chicken breast fillet, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- Put the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, tomato and chilli powder into a food processor and blend ?until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the chicken. Fry over a medium heat for 1 minute only, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Tip the onion and tomato paste into the same pan and fry over a medium heat for 40 minutes until softened and sauce-like, adding a little water if it appears too dry.
- Add the chicken and stir into the sauce until well coated. Cook for 3 minutes, then season with the salt and remove from the heat. Stir through the fresh coriander and serve hot with steamed rice.
Also worth your attention:
Christine's book - Tasting India
More recipes from Christine Manfield