Marco Pierre White's chicken with lemon and thyme recipe
by Marco Pierre White | 6 comments | Print recipeTweet
My favourite way of dining is a barbecue. Dad (who never usually cooks) dons an apron and becomes the chef. Everybody gets involved, there’s energy, laughter and most of all, there’s fun.
At a glance
- Cuisine British
- Recipe Type Main
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 15 mins
- Cooking time 15 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 4 Chicken fillets
- 2 Chicken stock cubes
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 handful Fresh thyme
- 1 Lemon
- Make a paste with the chicken stock cubes and the olive oil. Chop the thyme and add it into the paste along with the juice from half of the lemon.
- Massage the paste over the chicken fillets, so that it's evenly spread.
- Place the chicken in a fish cage - it's delicate, plus you won't burn your fingers. But if you don't have one, don't worry. Place on the barbecue and cook for approximately 7-9 minutes depending on the heat.
- Turn the chicken, open up the cage and add some more fresh thyme. Cook for a further 7-9 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and pour a little olive oil over it.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze a little of the juice on the top.
Also worth your attention:
More recipes from Marco Pierre White
Video: Marco making chicken with lemon and thyme
Recipe courtesy of Knorr