Eric Lanlard's vanilla cupcakes recipe
by Eric Lanlard | 1 comment | Print recipeTweet
This is my fail-safe cupcake recipe and these are perfect to make and decorate for parties, birthdays, weddings or any seasonal festivity.
At a glance
- Cuisine British
- Recipe Type Cake
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 15 mins
- Cooking time 18 mins
- Serves 12 people
- 175 g (6.2oz) Self raising flour
- 150 g (5.3oz) Plain flour
- 125 g (4.4oz) Unsalted butter, softened
- 250 g (8.8oz) Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 2 Large eggs at room temperature
- 125 ml (4.4fl oz) Milk
- 0.5 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to180°C (fan 150) 350°F, gas mark 4. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- In a small bowl, using an electric handwhisk at medium speed, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually and continue beating until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour in three stages, alternating with the milk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not over beat.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake papers, filling them about three quarters full.
- Bake in the pre heated oven for 18 minutes.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 15 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- Ice the cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
Also worth your attention:
More recipes from Eric Lanlard
Visit www.bakingmad.com for more recipes from Baking Mad with Eric Lanlard, Eric’s Home Bake book. Baking Mad is packed full of recipe inspiration and has expert bakers on hand to help you with all your baking needs.