Cauliflower and squid ink puree recipe
by Tom van Zeller | 1 comment | Print recipeTweet
Use this recipe to impress when you serve up a tasty piece pan fried of fish such as salmon, cod or sea bass. It's the easy way to show off your chef skills.
At a glance
- Cuisine Mediterranean
- Recipe Type Side
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 5 mins
- Cooking time 10 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 1 Head of cauliflower
- 1 l (1.8pints) Milk
- 8 g (0.3oz) Squid ink - (2 sachets)
- 4 Drops of truffle oil
- Remove the florets of cauliflower and slice thinly. Discard the stalk and place in a thick-bottomed pan.
- Cover with the milk cook slowly on a low heat - to prevent the milk from catching. Once tender, drain and reserve the milk.
- Place the cauliflower in a blender and blitz until smooth using some of the milk as required.
- Add the squid ink, truffle oil and season to taste.
- Chill and use as required.
Also worth your attention:
More recipes from Tom van Zeller