Pear mousse recipe
by Phil Thompson | 1 comment | Print recipeTweet
A divine pear and Roquefort mousse from Michelin starred chef Phil Thompson, which successfully teases the taste buds with its sweet and savoury aspect.
At a glance
- Cuisine French
- Recipe Type Dessert
- Difficulty Hard
- Preparation time 5 mins
- Cooking time 15 mins
- Serves 4 people
- 2 Pears - Poached pear
- 250 g (8.8oz) White Wine - Poached pear
- 1 Lemon Zest - Poached pear
- 1 Vanilla Pod - Poached pear
- 50 g (1.8oz) Sugar - Poached pear
- 0.5 Cinnamon Stick - Poached pear
- 75 g (2.6oz) White Chocolate - Roquefort mousse
- 200 g (7.1oz) Double cream - Roquefort mousse
- 50 g (1.8oz) Roquefort - Roquefort mousse
- Bring the poached pear ingredients to the boil and burn off the alcohol. Cook for approx. a further 10 - 15 minutes - till pear softens Allow to cool
- Melt the white chocolate. Semi-whip the cream. Whisk half of the cream into the chocolate and melt in the Roquefort Fold in the rest of the cream and allow to set in the fridge.
- To serve: Layer tempered chocolate using the pear, dice to build height. Melt a little chocolate and split with olive oil for the plate Quenelle the mousse onto the top layer, then serve.
Also worth your attention: