Marco Pierre White's chicken with lemon and thyme recipe
My favourite way of dining is a barbecue. Dad (who never usually cooks) dons an apron and becomes the chef. Everybody gets involved, there’s energy, laughter and most of all, there’s fun.
- 4 Chicken fillets
- 2 Chicken stock cubes
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 handful Fresh thyme
- 1 Lemon
- Cuisine: British
- Recipe Type: Main
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
- Make a paste with the chicken stock cubes and the olive oil. Chop the thyme and add it into the paste along with the juice from half of the lemon.
- Massage the paste over the chicken fillets, so that it's evenly spread.
- Place the chicken in a fish cage - it's delicate, plus you won't burn your fingers. But if you don't have one, don't worry. Place on the barbecue and cook for approximately 7-9 minutes depending on the heat.
- Turn the chicken, open up the cage and add some more fresh thyme. Cook for a further 7-9 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and pour a little olive oil over it.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze a little of the juice on the top.
Also worth your attention:
More recipes from Marco Pierre White
Video: Marco making chicken with lemon and thyme
Recipe courtesy of Knorr
Be the first to comment
Do you want to comment on this article? You need to be signed in for this feature