Eric Lanlard's banana muffins recipe
Dark rum, vanilla paste, cinnamon and roast bananas are a match made in heaven when baked in a muffin.
IngredientsFor the muffins
- 4 ripe bananas
- 100g (3.5 oz) soft dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp dark rum
- 170g (6 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 150ml (5.3 fl oz) milk
- 500g (17.6 oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250g (8.8 oz) golden caster sugar
- 1 handful dried banana chips
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Cuisine: English
- Recipe Type: Dessert
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Serves: 24
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- Roast the bananas. Peel them, then place on a large sheet of foil on a baking tray. Sprinkle them with the dark sugar, vanilla paste, cinnamon and rum. Wrap in a loose but secure parcel, and cook in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, melted butter and milk in a bowl and leave to one side.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and caster sugar into a bowl and add the roasted bananas. Using a mixer, combine all the ingredients together. Slowly add the egg, milk and butter mixture into the mixer.
- Using a piping bag, fill the paper cups _ high with the mixture. Top each one with some banana chips and a sprinkle of golden caster sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Once cooked, finish with a dusting of icing sugar.
More Eric Lanlard recipes
You might also like:
Be the first to comment
Do you want to comment on this article? You need to be signed in for this feature