Creamy chicken satay recipe
What better way to liven up your barbecue than with these fancy little satay sticks? Chuck them on the barbie, rustle up the sauce, and serve with salad or rice.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 3 tbsp balti curry paste
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 jar of crunchy peanut butter (250g)
- 1 tin of coconut milk (400g)
- 300g (10.6 oz) white rice
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- Cuisine: Thai
- Recipe Type: Main
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Serves: 4
- Light your barbie or preheat the grill to its highest setting. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Cube the chicken into 2-3cm chunks and rub with oil and curry paste, leaving to marinate for a while.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic and fry in a saucepan with a shot of vegetable oil until soft and sweet.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto 8 skewers and stack on a plate.
- Scoop the peanut butter out of its jar and add to the onions with the coconut milk and the remainder of the marinade. Combine and simmer gently until it starts to thicken.
- Cook the rice in a large pan of salted water as per packet instructions until light and fluffy.
- Grill the skewers under the hot grill or on the barbecue for about 6-7 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain the rice and pile onto a large serving dish, top with the skewers and ladle over the sauce.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander.
Recipe taken from Beginners get... Sorted.
You might also like
Be the first to comment
Do you want to comment on this article? You need to be signed in for this feature