Sweet chilli chicken with garlic, lemon and coriander recipe
This is such a simple starter that is great for serving up at dinner parties. It’s not labour intensive but will still impress your guests with its fabulous flavours.
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp peeled and grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 lemon, grated zest only
- 1 lime, grated zest only
- 1 pinch sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 6 pak choi leaves
- 50g (1.8 oz) baby herb salad
- Cuisine: Thai
- Recipe Type: Main
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips and place in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, ginger, sweet chilli sauce, garlic, lemon and lime zest. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper and finally add the chopped coriander. Mix well and leave in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a wok over a high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces by hand. Don’t stir them around the wok at this stage as they need to caramelise straight away.
- Once the pieces are golden brown on one side, turn the strips and cook on the reverse until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the pak choi leaves just before you are ready to serve and stir in well.
- Remove from the heat and divide between 2 plates. Garnish with a baby herb salad and spoon over the pan juices.
You might also like
Be the first to comment
Do you want to comment on this article? You need to be signed in for this feature