Follow Paul Kelly's tips for the unique Kelly Carve technique.
The secret is to remove the legs and wings first. You also need a strong sharp knife.
1. Holding the wing by the tip, cut it at the mid section. Repeat with the other wing.
2. Holding the leg by the end knuckle, cut through the skin between the leg and the body then twist off. Repeat with the other leg.
3. Using the tip of the knife, cut along the breast bone. Carry on cutting, keeping the knife close to the bone, until the breast is removed. Repeat for the breast on the other side of the bird.
4. Carve each breast across the width into slices of even thickness.
5. Slice the dark meat from the legs and wings.
6. Arrange the meat on a platter and pour hot cooking juices over the sliced meat. Allow the meat a few moments to soak up all the lovely juices before serving.
Be the first to comment
Do you want to comment on this article? You need to be signed in for this feature