We’ve teamed up with The Standard, London in King’s Cross to offer one loveFOOD reader and their guest a chic city break with meals in two of the hotel’s fabulous restaurants, Double Standard and Isla. Read on and enter the competition below.
Top-notch food and drink is often one of the main priorities when booking a break. After all, who doesn’t want to be able to roll upstairs after enjoying a delicious meal in beautiful surroundings?
Lucky for you, we’ve partnered with The Standard, London, a gorgeously-designed, unique hotel in the heart of the capital, to offer one lucky loveFOOD reader a two-night stay. The prize also includes a lavish meal at ground floor restaurant Isla and breakfast at Double Standard, which spills out onto a delightful weatherproof terrace. So, you certainly won’t go hungry.
Terms and Conditions apply; see below for the official contest rules.
David Cleveland/The Standard, London
Dine in style
The elegant, laid-back design of critically-acclaimed Isla provides the perfect setting for its outstanding food. The recently revamped menu draws inspiration from around the world, with a focus on seafood and light, flavourful dishes, plus plenty of tasty vegetarian options.
Expect small sharing plates like ‘nduja and sweet potato, and aged feta with sesame; plus mains such as lemon sole with seaweed butter, miso aubergine and beef sirloin. Ordering dessert is a must: who could resist brown butter ice cream with berries or poached pineapple with bread ice cream?
Hayden Perrior/The Standard, London
The space leads into Double Standard, a fun bar with pub-style small plates in the evening and breakfast classics in the morning. Whether you prefer pastries, avocado on toast, fluffy pancakes or a full English, there’s something for everyone.
A relaxed stay
Housed in a 1970s Brutalist building, The Standard, London overlooks London’s King’s Cross and pays homage to its roots with quirky and stylish décor throughout its 266 rooms. Despite being in the centre of the capital, the hotel offers a welcome respite to the buzzing city, where guests can get a peaceful, quiet night’s sleep.
Whether people opt for the petite Cosy Core rooms or more spacious suites, all bedrooms feature comfy beds with fancy Italian sheets and fluffy down pillows. Plus there are all the top amenities you could wish for like Bang & Olufsen Bluetooth speakers, custom robes, luxury toiletries and fully-stocked minibars.
David Cleveland/The Standard, London
As well as Isla and Double Standard, the hotel houses Spanish and Mexican-inspired restaurant Decimo on the 10th floor and a stunning rooftop bar.
The winner will get a two-night weekend stay for two in a Queen’s Standard room, plus dinner at Isla and breakfast in Double Standard.
Terms and Conditions apply; see below for the official contest rules.
How to enter
Fill in the form below with your details before 23.59 BST on 31 October 2021.
Terms & conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales only), aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, The Standard, London and their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 BST on 31 October 2021. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. To enter fill out the form on this page.
6. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 5 November 2021. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
7. There is one prize consisting of a two-night weekend stay at The Standard, London (“hotel”) for the winner and one guest (18 years of age or older) in a Queen’s Standard room (double occupancy), plus dinner at Isla for the winner and one guest (up to GBP 250 in total) and breakfast at Double Standard for the winner and one guest (up to GBP 100 in total). The winner must claim their prize within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter, and hotel stay must be completed by 30 December 2022. Bookings are subject to availability and blackout dates apply. The prize does not include any costs and expenses not expressly described above, including without limitation travel to the hotel, the cost of any visas, incidentals, gratuities, in-room or other personal charges, or taxes. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Other than as specified, the Promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as a result of accepting this prize.
8. It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure they have adequate travel insurance.
9. The winner must not travel if they have any coronavirus symptoms, see the NHS for more details. The winner and guest must comply fully with all applicable laws and with any hotel or governmental health and safety measures then in effect, including with respect to the coronavirus.
10. Neither Promoter nor The Standard, London will have any liability to the winner or guest if the winner and/or guest are unable to receive the full benefit of the prize or are denied entry to, or are asked to leave, the hotel or any other venue as a result of a failure to abide by the hotel or other venue’s terms, these terms and conditions or any applicable law, or as a result of inappropriate behaviour.
11. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. The winner will be notified via email by 6 November 2021. The winner must claim their prize within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter and must respond to the notification email with their postal address, email, and telephone phone number. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
14. Entrants acknowledge that the personal data of the winner and their guest will be processed by Standard UK Management, Ltd. (“Standard UK”) in order to facilitate the booking of the hotel stay. Standard UK will process the personal data of the winner and their guest in accordance with its privacy notice at: https://www.standardhotels.com/privacy
15. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
16. By entering this prize draw each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third-party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter and The Standard, London a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence use, broadcast, publish and otherwise use the entrant’s name and statements regarding this prize draw for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
17. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
18. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
19. This prize draw is operated by the Promoter and is in no way operated or administered by Standard UK Management, Ltd. (“Standard UK”), save that Standard UK has agreed to provide the Prize. To the fullest extent permissible by law, Standard UK will not be liable for: (i) any loss or damage caused by a third party who is not acting on behalf of or under the direct instructions of Standard UK; (ii) any loss or damage occurring as a result of the winner taking up and using any third-party product or service forming part of the Prize (except where caused by the negligence of Standard UK, its agents or distributors or that of their employees); (iii) any loss or damage caused by any event or circumstance beyond Standard UK’s reasonable control; (iv) any loss of profits or revenue, loss of anticipated savings or loss of goodwill; or (v) any unavailability of Standard UK’s websites, apps or social media accounts. However, nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes Standard UK’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, for fraud or for any matter for which liability cannot be lawfully limited or excluded. Consumers have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described and services which are not performed with reasonable care and skill and these legal rights are in addition to and are not affected in any way by anything contained in these terms and conditions. Advice on consumer rights is available from any local Citizens’ Advice Bureau (https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/) or local Trading Standards office (https://www.gov.uk/find-local-trading-standards-office).
20. The following additional terms and conditions apply: Winner will be required to provide a valid identification and credit card (for incidental and other personal charges) at the time of check-in. Winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older. Any violation of hotel's policies, any lack or payment for hotel incidentals, or any reasonable suspicion of engagement in any illegal behavior, in hotel's sole discretion, may result in winner's hotel reservation being cancelled and/or forfeiture of the prize.
21. The Promoter is Love Incorporated, 36 Featherstone Street, London, EC1Y 8AE.
22. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and any disputes arising in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, except that residents of Scotland may also bring proceedings in the Scottish courts.
Be the first to comment
Do you want to comment on this article? You need to be signed in for this feature